The Two Key Clinical Aspects in the Care of the Ageing ClientAlaska
Norwegian Bliss | Departing Seattle
15 May – 22 May 2021
Care Management and Mental Health Problems in the Older Person.
The Two Key Clinical Aspects in the Care of The Aged Clients
This conference will focus on two key aspects of Nursing Service delivery in the care of the older person. Both have significant impact on care delivery, from skill mix requirements through to staffing and budget allocation, as well as quality of life experience for the clients concerned.
The two key aspects of Nursing Service delivery in the care of the older person on which this conference will focus are Wound Care Management in the older adult and Mental Health Problems in the older person.
The Conference Themes:
- Gain an understanding of the unique wound characteristics found in the older person
- Explore wound management options in this specialised population
- Examine the mental health problems that occur in the older person
- Advance your knowledge in the management of crisis mental health situations
R.N., BACH NURSING (Admin), M.P.H.C. (Palliative Care), MACN
Specialist Nurse Educator
Sue Walker is a Director and co-founder of the Nurses for Nurses Network and the Nursing CPD Institute. As a Nurse Education Consultant Sue is a member of the Education Governance Committee of the Institute as well as a key contributor to the online education platform Continuing Professional Development library.
As a Registered Nurse Sue holds Degrees in Nursing and Health Administration, a Master’s Degree in Primary Health Care majoring in Palliative Care, as well as a number of certificate courses in Psychiatry of Ageing, Gerontology, Chemotherapy Administration, Training and Assessment, and is also an Accredited Mental Health First Aid Trainer.
Sue has extensive experience both as a clinician, educator, and senior manager in the acute, aged care, community, and palliative care settings. Sue is passionate about making a difference to the way in which people experience the health care system.
“Healthcare should be delivered by competent, knowledgeable individuals to ensure the best possible experience for the recipient of that care. Nursing is a fabulous profession – the backbone of the healthcare system, it is the knowledge and skill of the individual Nurse that will have the greatest influence on the happiness and health outcomes of each and every client.”
For information relating to the conference program and content please contact the Nurses for Nurses Network on 07 4151 3884 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sessions are correct at time of publication. Sessions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. NFN and EAS reserves the right to alter charges, cancel, postpone, change or withdraw the product or service at any time.
|Day and Location||Events|
|Day 1: Saturday 15th May
Make sure you are up on deck to be a part of the “setting sail” festivities as we say farewell to Seattle.
Evening: Enjoy a chance to mingle and have a drink with the other attendees at the Conference Registration.
|Day 2: Monday 16th May
Cruising : At Sea
Full Conference Day
|Day 3: Tuesday 17th May
Ketchikan 07.00 – 15.00
Ketchikan is an Alaskan city facing the Inside Passage, a popular cruise route along the state’s southeastern coast. It’s known for its many Native American totem poles, on display throughout town. Nearby Misty Fiords National Monument is a glacier-carved wilderness featuring snowcapped mountains, waterfalls and salmon spawning streams. It’s also home to rich wildlife including black bears, wolves and bald eagles.
Day 4: Tuesday 18th May
Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier
Juneau has been called “Alaska’s peak experience,” certainly due in part to its unparalleled glacier viewing from such places as Tracy Arm Fjord, the Juneau Icefields and Glacier Bay National Park. Kayak up one of the area’s many protected waterways, go flightseeing, tour historic downtown or try your hand at panning for gold.
This 31-mile fjord with Sheer granite walls is why visitors come to Alaska. Plunging waterfalls. Spruce and hemlock trees clinging to the steep sides. It is the definition of pristine. Look for “bergy bits,” floating chunks of glacial ice, some looking more like sculptures, some with resting seals on top. Keep an eye open for bears, mountain goats and whales
|Day 5: Wednesday 19th May
Icy Straight Point 07.00 – 19.00
Icy Strait Point, Alaska, is unique in that it is the only privately owned cruise destination in the state – owned and operated by the Huna Totem Corporation. Approximately 1,350 Alaska Natives with aboriginal ties to the nearby village of Hoonah and the Glacier Bay area make up the Huna Totem Corporation. Many of these Natives are members of the Tlingit people.
|Day 6: Thursday 20th May
|Day 7: Friday 21st May
Victoria, Canada 14.00 – 21.00
Roam the spacious lawns of stunning Butchart Gardens with its exotic flora, unusual topiary and exquisite fountains. Explore historic Bastion Square, the treasures of Chinatown and the many sights and sounds to be found along the boardwalk of the Inner Harbour.
|Day 8: Sunday 24th May
Arrive : Seattle
Please click here for the itinerary PDF
For information relating to cabin pricing, bookings and travel requirements such as flights and travel insurance please complete the booking enquiry box or email email@example.com
Cruise Itinerary, Seminar topics and Seminar Education program are subject to change without notice.
Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network makes every effort to ensure the advertised presenters deliver the program. However in the unlikely event a presenter is unavailable the Nurses for Nurses network reserves the right to use a suitably qualified substitute presenter.
Whale Watching, Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon Bake
- Cruising through Stephens Passage looking for Humpback Whales on a private catamaran
- Learn about the local wildlife including killer whales, sea lions, porpoises, seals and bald eagles
- Lunch at Gold Creek where we will enjoy a fresh-grilled wild Alaskan Salmon bake
- Visit Mendenhall Glacier Park
This tour will include walking on uneven surfaces and trails. We recommend wearing appropriate clothing, footwear, hat, sunglasses and sun protection.
Icy Straight Point
Education at Sea tours are exclusive to seminar delegates and their guests. Tour participation numbers are limited. Tours are booked through Travel Direct and will not appear on your ship itinerary.
Optional Shore Tour Disclosure:
Optional tours are exclusive to conference delegates and their guests. All tour bookings must be paid in full by the nominated date prior to departure. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea reserves the right to cancel or make changes to optional tours without notice. Tour prices are subject to change without notice. In the event the cruise ship is unable to dock or tender at the nominated port we will attempt to offer alternative tour arrangements. However, we can not guarantee full refund of tour costs. We recommend all attendees and their guests obtain travel insurance at the time of booking.
|Cabin Selection||Twin Share per person|
|Inside Cabin||from $2111 per person twin share Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
|Ocean View Cabin||from $3125 per person twin share Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
Includes Specialty Dining Package
|Balcony Cabin||from $3480 per person twin share Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
Includes Specialty Dining Package
|from $3252 Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
|Conference Attendance Fee||$990|
|Nurses for Nurses Membership details||Please click here|
What’s included in your Conference Registration?
- An extensive Conference program based on current best practice
- Education content that meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program
- Conference Presenters that are recognised experts in their field and are excited to be able to share their skill, knowledge, and passion with Conference Attendees
- An online Conference library filled to the brim with educational content that allows you to create your own learning experience by completing pre-conference education activities
- A Registration Reception including complimentary drinks where you can meet other Conference Attendees and network with Conference Convenors and Conference Presenter/s
- Editable electronic note pages that can be downloaded to your device of choice
- A Conference satchel that includes a notepad, pen, lanyard (this is important on a cruise ship to attach your room key which becomes your lifeline on a ship) and additional information to support a fantastic Conference experience
- The opportunity to meet as a group in various Conference open forums, in one of the many fabulous locations on the ship
- A complimentary Farewell Drinks and Canapes Function held on the last night of the Conference to celebrate new friendships and information gained
- A Conference Transcript that identifies each session held at the Conference including the session synopsis, session presenter, and CPD allocation
- A Certificate of Completion identifying the CPD hours attached to the Conference Program for you to include in your CPD Evidence Portfolio
- A dedicated Conference cruise desk open daily to address any questions and provide information as required
Prices are subject to change & availability and include selected cabin accommodation, meals, entertainment, gratuities, fees and taxes. Gratuities, fees and taxes are subject to change without notice. Norwegian Cruise Lines has reserved the right to re-cost pricing in the event of significant currency fluctuations. A non refundable deposit of $250 per person is due at time of booking with the final balance payable by 6th January 2020. Air fares and Travel Insurance are available at an extra cost.
Cancellation Penalties and Disclosure: Cancellation policies vary by cruise line, itinerary and length of cruise. When reserving your stateroom, please review the policy applicable to this cruise with our staff. All deposits and seminar registration fee’s are non refundable. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network will not be responsible for any financial loss due to cancellation from unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at time of booking your cruise conference.
Register your interest in this CPD cruise today
Please complete the form in this section to express your interest. We will revert within 48 hours with pricing and other details after confirming cabin availability with our cruise line partners.