Thriving in the Nursing Profession: A conference focused on wellness in the individual and the workplaceHamilton Island
Hamilton Island, Queensland
14 March – 20 March 2021
A conference focused on wellness in the individual and the workplace
How do you maximise our Nursing life in this diverse, unpredictable, ever changing world which we live in. This conference will explore our psychological, physical, and spiritual response to our world and provide you with vital information, resources, tips and fun strategies to maximise your health and wellbeing and live your best life.
The Conference Themes:
- Develop your knowledge in regard to the pillars of wellness
- Explore strategies to achieve wellness
- Investigate new ways to communicate and interact with your Nursing peers
- Discuss the anatomy of stress and the concept of resilience.
Consultant and Stakeholder Engagement Manager, RN
Mark Aitken is the Consultant and Stakeholder Engagement Manager at Nurse & Midwife Support (NM Support) and has been a proud Registered Nurse for 30 years.
Mark meets with nurses, midwives and nursing and midwifery students across the country to spread the message about the service and listen to what you think should happen next.
Mark has worked in many and varied areas of nursing and midwifery, including general surgical and medical units, critical care, sexual and reproductive health, education, research, project management, maternity services and residential, community and speciality aged care services.
Nicole Nash-Arnold is a Nurse educator and facilitator who helps transform accomplished clinical Nurses into empowered and respected leaders.
She shares her 15 years of experience in senior and executive health leadership roles to germinate great leaders: whether that’s leading a team of fellow Nurses on night duty or senior Nursing executives. Nicole has over 10 years’ experience in the theatre, many years in education and post-graduate qualifications in Nursing.
Sue Walker, R.N. Bach Nursing (Admin), M.P.H.C. (Palliative Care), M.A.C.N., is the Director and co-founder of the Nurses for Nurses Network and the Nursing CPD Institute. As a Nurse Education Consultant Sue is a member of the Education Governance Committee of the Institute as well as a key contributor to the online education platform Continuing Professional Development library.
As a Registered Nurse Sue holds Degrees in Nursing and Health Administration, a Master’s Degree in Primary Health Care majoring in Palliative Care, as well as a number of certificate courses in Psychiatry of Ageing, Gerontology, Chemotherapy Administration, Training and Assessment, and is also an Accredited Mental Health First Aid Trainer.
Sue has extensive experience both as a clinician, educator, and senior manager in the acute, aged care, community, and palliative care settings. Sue is passionate about making a difference to the way in which people experience the health care system.
“Healthcare should be delivered by competent, knowledgeable individuals to ensure the best possible experience for the recipient of that care. Nursing is a fabulous profession – the backbone of the healthcare system, it is the knowledge and skill of the individual Nurse that will have the greatest influence on the happiness and health outcomes of each and every client.”
For information relating to the conference program and content please contact the Nurses for Nurses Network on 07 4151 3884 or via email at email@example.com
Sessions are correct at time of publication. Sessions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. NFN and EAS reserves the right to alter charges, cancel, postpone, change or withdraw the product or service at any time.
|Day and Location||Events|
DAY ONE: 14/03/21 HAMILTON ISLAND
Settle into your accommodation and relax.
Evening: Enjoy this opportunity to mingle with the other attendees at the complimentary drinks and Conference Registration function.
DAY TWO: 15/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Today’s Session Include:
DAY THREE: 16/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Today’s Session Include:
DAY FOUR: 17/03/21 | LET’S EXPLORE
There are so many fabulous things to do on Hamilton Island.
You may choose to explore on your own or join other conference delegates on one of the optional tours that we will create for you.
More information about the optional tours and dinner will be available closer to the conference date.
Evening: Optional dinner and networking session this evening.
DAY FIVE: 18/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Today’s Session Include:
DAY SIX: 19/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Today’s Session Include:
Evening: Take this opportunity to enjoy a complimentary Drinks and Canapes function as the conference draws to a close and we say farewell to new friends and colleagues – safe travels home.
DAY SEVEN: 20/03/21
Safe Travels Home
Please click here for the itinerary PDF
For information relating to room pricing, bookings and travel requirements such as flights and travel insurance please complete the booking enquiry box or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cruise Itinerary, Seminar topics and Seminar Education program are subject to change without notice.
Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network makes every effort to ensure the advertised presenters deliver the program. However in the unlikely event a presenter is unavailable the Nurses for Nurses network reserves the right to use a suitably qualified substitute presenter.
|Room Selection||Twin Share per person|
|Reef View Hotel||From $1161 per person twin share (includes Breakfast)|
|Coral Sea View Room||From $1404 per person twin share (includes Breakfast)|
|Beach Club Room||From $4172 Per person twin share (includes Breakfast)|
|Conference Attendance Fee||$990|
|Nurses for Nurses Membership details||Please click here|
What’s included in your Conference Registration?
- An extensive Conference program based on current best practice
- Education content that meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program
- Conference Presenters that are recognised experts in their field and are excited to be able to share their skill, knowledge, and passion with Conference Attendees
- An online Conference library filled to the brim with educational content that allows you to create your own learning experience by completing pre-conference education activities
- A Registration Reception including complimentary drinks where you can meet other Conference Attendees and network with Conference Convenors and Conference Presenter/s
- Editable electronic note pages that can be downloaded to your device of choice
- A Conference satchel that includes a notepad, pen, lanyard (this is important on a cruise ship to attach your room key which becomes your lifeline on a ship) and additional information to support a fantastic Conference experience
- The opportunity to meet as a group in various Conference open forums, in one of the many fabulous locations on the ship
- A complimentary Farewell Drinks and Canapes Function held on the last night of the Conference to celebrate new friendships and information gained
- A Conference Transcript that identifies each session held at the Conference including the session synopsis, session presenter, and CPD allocation
- A Certificate of Completion identifying the CPD hours attached to the Conference Program for you to include in your CPD Evidence Portfolio
- A dedicated Conference cruise desk open daily to address any questions and provide information as required
A deposit of $250 per person is due at time of booking with the final balance payable by 15th January 2020.
Cancellation Penalties and Disclosure: All deposits and seminar registration fee’s are fully refundable up until 15 days prior to to travel. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network will not be responsible for any financial loss due to cancellation from unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at time of booking your conference.and travel requirements.
Register your interest in this CPD cruise today
Please complete the form in this section to express your interest. We will revert within 48 hours with pricing and other details after confirming cabin availability with our cruise line partners.