Developing knowledge on how to recognise and perform advanced clinical assessment on a patient who is deteriorating is an expectation of the evolving role of the clinical Nurse.
The Respiratory Patient
Join us and our Conference Partners, The Nurses for Nurses Network , for the Respiratory Patient Conference aboard the Norwegian Bliss as we explore Juneau, Skagway, Glacia Bay, Ketchikan, and Victoria leaving from Seattle.
This conference is applicable to every area of Nursing/Paramedics, from the acute setting in the emergency department, to the ward Nurse managing a patient with emphysema. Respiratory disorders are increasing and are considered one of the most common disorders affecting all ages. All Nurses must have advanced knowledge of the red flags and associated clinical presentation of a patient deteriorating with a respiratory disorder regardless of the primary condition of their admission.
Developing knowledge on how to recognise and perform advanced clinical assessment on a patient who is deteriorating is an expectation of the evolving role of the clinical Nurse. In this conference, we will explore the assessment of a patient with a variety of clinical disorders and emphasis will be given to respiratory disorders. The teaching methodology will contain clinical scenarios that will assist the Nurse to recognise clinical deterioration and apply a critical thinking approach. The communication strategies to support patient assessment will also be investigated. Assertion training is incorporated into the conference content in recognition of this skill as a vital component of ensuring effective communication within the healthcare team.
- Explore the skills required to recognise and undertake clinical assessment of the patient with respiratory disease
- Review a variety of clinical conditions relating to respiratory disease and disorders
- Discuss respiratory disorders affecting children through to the older adult
- Discover how to apply critical thinking via a scenario-based teaching approach. Gain assertiveness skills to enhance effective communication, and timely intervention, within the healthcare team.
Anne Evans-Murray, Registered Nurse; Registered Counsellor; Certificate 1V in Assessment and Workplace Training; Upgraded certificate 1V in Training and Assessment; Diploma of Counselling (Grief and Loss, Relationship Counselling); Bachelor of Health Science; Post Graduate Diploma in Education (Tertiary); Masters in Education (Curriculum Development); Graduate Certificate in Critical Care.
Anne has a passion for teaching which she does in an unpretentious way that ensures you will not only understand and retain what she presents, but will enjoy this learning experience. She has extensive experience of over 26 years lecturing for Gold Coast Health District and Griffith University.
Currently, she is a guest lecturer at Bond University medical school. Anne is a frequent presenter at workshops, conferences & seminars throughout Australia & New Zealand on subjects such as high dependency nursing, cardiac arrhythmias & ECG interpretation, chest x-rays interpretation, clinical assessment of the deteriorating patient, assertion training and leadership. She conducts accredited advanced life support training for nurses, doctors and paramedics.
Anne has a passionate commitment to empower all clinical staff through increased awareness and knowledge of the critically ill patient’s condition so that timely intervention is implemented, which will benefit patient outcomes.
She is the author of three books; “ECGs Simply”, “Interpretation of Chest X-rays Simply” and ‘Uncomplicating Life, Simply’. Her ECG book is a textbook sold in many universities in Australia.
The program content is provided by expert Nurse Educators with extensive clinical and education experience. The education content provided in this program meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program.
No matter what conference you attend you always need accommodation a cruise ship provides a great all-inclusive* accommodation option to enhance your Conference experience.
The Nurses for Nurses Network combines great education with fabulous travel adventures. We have taken a holistic approach to Nursing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to ensure you get the most out of your education-travel experience.
The Online Library:
The Library has been created so that you have access to some of the Conference content prior to our sail date. The documents, including self-directed activities and webinars, from our Conference Presenter, are provided so that you can create your own conference experience and access information and sessions of interest prior to the commencement of the Conference program.
Disclaimer: Sessions are correct at time of publication. Sessions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. NFN and EAS reserves the right to alter charges, cancel, postpone, change or withdraw the product or service at any time.
|Day and Location||Events|
|Day 1: Sun 17th May
Make sure you are up on deck to be a part of the “setting sail” festivities as we say farewell to Seattle..
Evening: Enjoy this opportunity to mingle with the other attendees at the complimentary drinks and Conference Registration function.
|Day 2: Monday 18th May
|Day 3: Tuesday 19th May
|Day 4: Wednesday 20th May
Skagway rarely disappoints visitors. A seven-block corridor along Broadway features historic false-front shops and restaurants, wooden sidewalks, locals in period costumes and restored buildings, many of which are part of the National Park Service-managed Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park.
|Day 5: Thursday 21st May
|Day 6: Friday 22nd May
Explore Ketchikan in the morning.
|Day 7: Saturday 23rd May
This evening explore Victoria Canada.
|Day 8: Sunday 24th May
|Disembark – Safe travels!|
Please click here for the printable PDF.
For information relating to cabin pricing, bookings and travel requirements such as flights and travel insurance please complete the booking enquiry box or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Itinerary Disclosure: Cruise Itinerary, Seminar topics and Seminar Education program are subject to change without notice.
Presenter Disclosure: Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network makes every effort to ensure the advertised presenters deliver the program. However in the unlikely event a presenter is unavailable the Nurses for Nurses network reserves the right to use a suitably qualified substitute presenter.
- Cruising through Stephens Passage looking for Humpback Whales on a private catamaran
- Learn about the local wildlife including killer whales, sea lions, porpoises, seals and bald eagles
- Lunch at Gold Creek where we will enjoy a fresh-grilled wild Alaskan Salmon bake
- Visit Mendenhall Glacier Park
This tour will include walking on uneven surfaces and trails. We recommend wearing appropriate clothing, footwear, hat, sunglasses and sun protection.
- Full day 6 hour Skagway Shore Excursion of the stunning Yukon
- Travel along the Klondike Highway and spot wildlife such as moose, goats, bears and caribou
- Learn about the Gold Rush History of the Yukon
- Several stops along the way for great photo opportunities
- Lunch is included – Barbeque chicken, sides and grandmas donuts
- Browse through exhibits atthe Wildlife Museum
- Pet the puppies in the Husky Village
Optional Shore Tour Disclosure: Optional tours are exclusive to conference delegates and their guests. All tour bookings must be paid in full by the nominated date prior to departure. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea reserves the right to cancel or make changes to optional tours without notice. Tour prices are subject to change without notice. In the event the cruise ship is unable to dock or tender at the nominated port we will attempt to offer alternative tour arrangements. However, we can not guarantee full refund of tour costs. We recommend all attendees and their guests obtain travel insurance at the time of booking.
|Cabin Selection||Twin Share per person|
|Inside Cabin||from $2215 per person twin share Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
|Ocean View Cabin||from $2820 per person twin share Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
Includes Specialty Dining Package
|Balcony Cabin||from $3250 per person twin share Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
Includes Specialty Dining Package
|Single Occupancy Studio||from $3199 Includes Unlimited Drinks Package
Includes Specialty Dining Package
|Conference Attendance Fee||$990 per delegate|
|Nurses for Nurses Membership details||Please click here|
What’s included in your Conference Registration?
- An extensive Conference program based on current best practice information equating to 24 CPD Hours
- Education content that meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program
- Conference Presenters that are recognised experts in their field and are excited to be able to share their skill, knowledge, and passion with Conference Attendees
- An online Conference library filled to the brim with educational content that allows you to create your own learning experience by completing pre-conference education activities
- A Registration Reception including complimentary drinks where you can meet other Conference Attendees and network with Conference Convenors and Conference Presenter/s
- Editable presentation-note handouts that can be downloaded to your device of choice or printed, whichever you choose
- A Conference satchel that includes a notepad, pen, lanyard (this is important on a cruise ship to attach your room key which becomes your lifeline on a ship) and additional information to support a fantastic Conference experience
- The opportunity to meet as a group in various open forums, in one of the many fabulous locations on the ship
- A complimentary Farewell Drinks and Canapes Function held on the last night of the Conference to celebrate new friendships and information gained
- A Conference Transcript that identifies each session held at the Conference including the session synopsis, session presenter, and CPD allocation
- A Certificate of Completion identifying the CPD hours attached to the Conference Program for you to include in your CPD Evidence Portfolio
Prices include exclusive conference activities, selected cabin accommodation, meals, entertainment, gratuities, fees and taxes. Guest price includes all of the above with the exception of the seminar fee. Gratuities, fees and taxes are subject to change without notice. Norwegian Cruise Line has reserved the right to re-cost pricing in the event of significant currency fluctuations. A non refundable deposit of $250 pp is due at time of booking with the balance payable by 6th January 2020.
Ultimate Drinks Package – Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer during your entire cruise.
Cancellation Penalties and Disclosure:
Cancellation policies vary by cruise line, itinerary and length of cruise. When reserving your stateroom, please review the policy applicable to this cruise with our staff. All deposits and seminar registration fee’s are non refundable. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network will not be responsible for any financial loss due to cancellation from unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at time of booking your cruise conference.
Register your interest in this CPD cruise today Please complete the form in this section to express your interest. We will revert within 48 hours with pricing and other details after confirming cabin availability with our cruise line partners.