Managing in the Aged Care SpotlightHamilton Island
One of the key opportunities identified by the Royal Commission into the aged care sector is the importance of good management necessary to consistently meet the requirements of the quality and safety standards.
This Conference aims to provide you with knowledge and skill in critical areas of management in the aged care sector and the ongoing opportunity to continue your learning with our bespoke aged care managers course.
- Understanding of what it means to be a manager in aged care and how to use your position to enhance the aged persons experience of the service.
- Investigate the concepts of leadership, communication, performance management, clinical governance, and succession planning to enhance your performance and the performance of your team.
- Explore the current funding models for aged care and review key accounting strategies – from profit and loss analysis to preventing fraud to maximise the dollars available for actual service delivery.
- Review the Aged Care Quality Standards and the role of management in staff’s ability to delivery of same.
Elizabeth has been involved in education for over 30 years. Her experience includes teaching primary secondary, adult literacy, tutoring, executive professional development, coaching and developing high performing teams.
Over the last 10+ years, Elizabeth has focused on developing individual and teams across the health sector to achieve their potential through exploring the benefits of diversity in thinking preferences, managing for mutual outcomes and challenging the status quo.
Previous roles as a manager highlighted that too often staff are not engaged in the business and have significant misconceptions about the challenges facing the organisation. Communication to employees, particularly around change, is regularly not clearly articulated to those responsible for implementing the change – with resulting frustrations for both management and staff.
Armed with the firm conviction that workplace training should always be directly linked to the organisation’s objectives, Elizabeth strives to develop and present quality, relevant and entertaining training with a clear focus on increasing capability, effectiveness and sustainability.
Pam is a Registered Nurse with a BA Social Welfare and a Graduate Diploma in Health Services Management. Over her career, she has been involved with a wide range of State and National Committees and Reference Groups representing industry views and interests.
Pam has been working at PBC – Pam Bridges Consulting – for the past six years where she has undertaken a wide range of tasks including Nurse Adviser, Expert Witness tasks for the Coroner, Complaint investigations, Gap audits and more. This work has been carried out in both the residential and home care sectors.
Pam has held the position of President of Nurses in Management (NIMAC) for the past 20 + years. 2020 is the final year for this organisation where she will head up a study tour to China.
Sue Walker, R.N. Bach Nursing (Admin), M.P.H.C. (Palliative Care), M.A.C.N., is the Director and co-founder of the Nurses for Nurses Network and the Nursing CPD Institute. As a Nurse Education Consultant Sue is a member of the Education Governance Committee of the Institute as well as a key contributor to the online education platform Continuing Professional Development library.
As a Registered Nurse Sue holds Degrees in Nursing and Health Administration, a Master’s Degree in Primary Health Care majoring in Palliative Care, as well as a number of certificate courses in Psychiatry of Ageing, Gerontology, Chemotherapy Administration, Training and Assessment, and is also an Accredited Mental Health First Aid Trainer.
Sue has extensive experience both as a clinician, educator, and senior manager in the acute, aged care, community, and palliative care settings. Sue is passionate about making a difference to the way in which people experience the health care system.
“Healthcare should be delivered by competent, knowledgeable individuals to ensure the best possible experience for the recipient of that care. Nursing is a fabulous profession – the backbone of the healthcare system, it is the knowledge and skill of the individual Nurse that will have the greatest influence on the happiness and health outcomes of each and every client.”
Voyager of the Seas
Sailings onboard Voyager of the Seas® are one of the very best ways to embark on a culture discovery holiday. Just unpack once, and roam more new shores, with plenty of world-class dining, entertainment and nightlife on deck in between.
The Online Library:
The Library has been created so that you have access to some of the Conference content prior to our sail date. The documents, including self-directed activities and webinars, from our Conference Presenter, are provided so that you can create your own conference experience and access information and sessions of interest prior to the commencement of the Conference program. The first session in Module One should be viewed prior to the commencement of the Conference as it will provide you with the necessary knowledge to support your learning in the other modules presented at the Conference.
Disclaimer: Sessions are correct at time of publication. Sessions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. NFN and EAS reserves the right to alter charges, cancel, postpone, change or withdraw the product or service at any time.
|Day and Location||Events|
DAY ONE: 14/03/21 HAMILTON ISLAND
Take your time to unpack, settle into your accommodation and join us for the eveing.
Evening: Enjoy this opportunity to mingle with the other attendees at the complimentary drinks and Conference Registration function.
DAY TWO: 15/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Sessions presented today:
DAY THREE: 16/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Sessions presented today:
DAY FOUR: 17/03/2021 EXPLORE HAMILTON
There are so many fabulous things to do on Hamilton Island.
You may choose to explore on your own or join other conference delegates on one of the optional tours that we will create for you.
There will also be an optional dinner and networking session this evening.
More information about the optional tours and dinner will be available closer to the conference date.
DAY FIVE: 18/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Sessions presented today:
DAY SIX: 19/03/21 CONFERENCE DAY
Sessions presented today:
Time & Venue: TBA | Conference Farewell Reception
Take this opportunity to enjoy complimentary Drinks and Canapes function as the conference draws to a close and we say farewell to new friends and colleagues.
DAY SEVEN: 20/03/21 FAREWELL HAMILTON
Please click here for the itinerary PDF
For information relating to cabin pricing, bookings and travel requirements such as flights and travel insurance please complete the booking enquiry box or email email@example.com
Seminar topics and Seminar Education program are subject to change without notice.
Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network makes every effort to ensure the advertised presenters deliver the program. However in the unlikely event a presenter is unavailable the Nurses for Nurses network reserves the right to use a suitably qualified substitute presenter.
|Cabin Selection||Twin Share per person|
|Reef View Hotel||From $1161 per person twin share (includes Breakfast)|
|Coral Sea View Room||From $1404 per person twin share (includes Breakfast)|
|Beach Club Room||From $4172 Per person twin share (includes Breakfast)|
|Conference Attendance Fee||$990|
|Nurses for Nurses Membership details||Please click here|
- An extensive Conference program based on current best practice
- Education content that meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program
- Conference Presenters that are recognised experts in their field and are excited to be able to share their skill, knowledge, and passion with Conference Attendees
- An online Conference library filled to the brim with educational content that allows you to create your own learning experience by completing pre-conference education activities
- A Registration Reception including complimentary drinks where you can meet other Conference Attendees and network with Conference Conveners and Conference Presenter/s
- Editable electronic note pages that can be downloaded to your device of choice
- A Conference satchel that includes a notepad, pen, lanyard (this is important on a cruise ship to attach your room key which becomes your lifeline on a ship) and additional information to support a fantastic Conference experience
- The opportunity to meet as a group in various Conference open forums, in one of the many fabulous locations on the ship
- A complimentary Farewell Drinks and Canapes Function held on the last night of the Conference to celebrate new friendships and information gained
- There will be an opportunity to attend a number of open forum networking sessions and a group dinner. Details will be advised on board.
- A Conference Transcript that identifies each session held at the Conference including the session synopsis, session presenter, and CPD allocation
- A Certificate of Completion identifying the CPD hours attached to the Conference Program for you to include in your CPD Evidence Portfolio
- A dedicated Conference cruise desk open daily to address any questions and provide information as required
Disclaimer: The opinions and statements of facts expressed in the Papers in these proceedings are those of the Authors and do not necessarily represent those of the Nurses for Nurses Network (NfNN), the editors, the organising committee or the supporters of this conference. No responsibility can be accepted by the organisers for errors or omissions in the individual papers. Sessions are correct at time of publication. Sessions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. NfNN reserves the right to alter charges, cancel, postpone, change or withdraw the product or service at any time.
.A deposit of $250 pp is due at time of booking with the balance payable by 15TH January 2021. All payments are refundable up until 15 days prior to travel
Cancellation Penalties and Disclosure:
.. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network will not be responsible for any financial loss due to cancellation from unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at time of booking your cruise conference.
Register your interest in this CPD cruise today Please complete the form in this section to express your interest. We will revert within 48 hours with pricing and other details after confirming cabin availability with our cruise line partners.