Changing Childbirth – Midwives Making A DifferencePort Douglas
30 January – 4 February 2022
This conference will provide a platform to enable and empower Midwives who want to develop a deeper understanding around how they can make their contribution to changing the way we deliver maternity care to ensure optimal outcomes for women.
There is irrefutable evidence telling us that a woman who receives continuity of care from a Midwife has significantly better outcomes for herself and her baby. In addition there is increasing evidence that Midwives who are well resourced and empowered to work in this way have improved job satisfaction, health and wellbeing.
Increasing numbers of Midwives are wanting to work in this way but progress to widescale implementation remains slow. This conference will provide a platform to enable and empower Midwives who want to develop a deeper understanding around how they can make their contribution to changing the way we deliver maternity care to ensure optimal outcomes for women – their families and the Midwifery profession.
You Will Learn:
- Have a deep understanding of woman centred primary maternity care
- Be able to critique current models of maternity care in Australia
- Have an understanding of how to design and implement a woman centred maternity model of care
- Recognise and plan how you can make a difference and contribute to woman centred maternity care
- Be able to develop skills and resources to enable you sustain personal wellness in the workplace
DR JOCELYN TOOHILL
Director of Midwifery, Clinical Excellence Division, Queensland Health. Adjunct Assoc Professor Griffith University
PROF MARY SIDEBOTHAM
PhD RM RN MA
Professor Mary Sidebotham is committed to the pursuit of excellence in midwifery education through the design implementation and evaluation of midwifery education programs. Her expertise and leadership in the field of midwifery education was acknowledged by her receipt in 2013 of an Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) Citation for inspirational leadership in the development, delivery and evaluation of midwifery education that strengthens the Australian workforce and promotes international best practice.
In 2017 she received the Australian Awards for University Teachers (AAUT) Program Award for “Innovation and flexibility in curricula, learning and teaching”. In 2018 she was conferred principal fellowship of the international Higher Education Academy. Mary contributes to maintaining academic excellence in her role as Deputy Editor in Chief of the peer-reviewed journal Nurse Education in Practice.
Mary is an experienced researcher with 70 + papers published in peer-review journals. She is currently the Deputy Director of the Transforming Maternity Care Collaborative. Her program of research is aligned to the maternity reform agenda and includes investigation of workplace culture, midwifery identity, professionalism in midwifery and the integration of student midwives into professional practice.
Mary is international lead of the Work Health and Emotional Lives of Midwives (WHELM) group and leads the program of work investigating the emotional wellbeing of midwives. She has a growing interest in the promotion of clinical supervision as an effective way of promoting emotional wellbeing, resilience and sustainability within the midwifery workforce.
The Venue: Oaks Resort Port Douglas
A lush tropical setting awaits your arrival at Oaks Port Douglas Resort, ideally located just moments away from the iconic Four Mile Beach. It also has close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, making the resort the first choice of holiday-makers staying in Port Douglas.
The program content is provided by expert Educators with extensive clinical and education experience. The education content provided in this program meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program.
Education at Sea combines quality education with fabulous travel adventures. We have taken a holistic approach to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to ensure you get the most out of your education-travel experience.
The Online Library:
The library consists of Conference material supplied by the Presenter which can include any of the following:
- Research documents
- Links to external information
- Recorded Conference presentations
- Electronic Notepads
The research documents and recorded Conference presentation form part of the Continuing Professional Development activities but are delivered to you prior to the commencement date so that you can start your Conference Program early. If you choose not to undertake these activities prior, there is a two week window post the Conference where the library remains open to you. You can also undertake the library activities during the actual Conference.
Sessions are correct at time of publication. Sessions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances beyond the control of the organisers. NFN and EAS reserves the right to alter charges, cancel, postpone, change or withdraw the product or service at any time.
|Day and Location||Events|
DAY 1: 30th January 2022 Port Douglas
Settle into your accommodation and relax.
Evening: Enjoy this opportunity to mingle with the other attendees at the complimentary drinks and Conference Registration function.
DAY 2: 31st January 2022 CONFERENCE DAY
|Full Conference Program|
DAY 3: 1st February 2022 CONFERENCE DAY
|Full Conference Program|
DAY 4: 2nd February 2022 LET’S EXPLORE
Take today to explore this beautiful destination at your leisure.
Evening: Optional dinner and networking session this evening.
DAY 5: 3rd February 2022 CONFERENCE DAY
Full Conference Program
Optional Event – A fabulous fundraising event for the Global Nursing and Midwives Rotary Club
DAY 6: 4th February 2022 CONFERENCE DAY
|Take this opportunity to enjoy a complimentary Drinks and Canapes function as the conference draws to a close and we say farewell to new friends and colleagues.|
For information relating to room pricing, bookings and travel requirements such as travel insurance please complete the booking enquiry box or email email@example.com
Cruise Itinerary, Seminar topics and Seminar Education program are subject to change without notice.
Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network makes every effort to ensure the advertised presenters deliver the program. However in the unlikely event a presenter is unavailable the Nurses for Nurses network reserves the right to use a suitably qualified substitute presenter.
Daintree Rainforest Tour
DATE: 3rd February 2022 – Full Day
- Visit Daintree National Park, Guided Rainforest walk
- Mossman Gorge and Alexandra lookout
- 1 hour Crocodile/wildlife spotting Boat trip
- Lunch at the Heritage Lodge
COST: $ TBA per person
This tour will include walking on uneven surfaces and trails. We recommend wearing appropriate clothing, footwear, hat, sunglasses and sun protection.
Great Barrier Reef/Snorkeling Tour
DATE: 2nd February 2022 – Half Day Tour
- Half Day snorkeling tour leaving Port Douglas
- Visiting Low Island
- Including Morning or afternoon Tea
COST: $ TBA per person
This tour includes travelling on a boat, we recommend wearing appropriate clothing, footwear, hat, sunglasses and sun protection.
|Room Selection||Twin Share per person|
|Spa Room||Prices start from $565 per person|
|Single occupancy||Prices start from $848 per person|
|Double/Twin sharing room||Prices start from $426 per person|
|One or Two bedroom apartment||Prices start from $483 per person|
|Conference Attendance Fee||$1090|
|Nurses for Nurses Membership details||Please click here|
What’s included in your Conference Registration?
- An extensive Conference program based on current best practice
- Education content that meets the same exacting standards as anything offered in an Australian land-based program
- Conference Presenters that are recognised experts in their field and are excited to be able to share their skill, knowledge, and passion with Conference Attendees
- An online Conference library filled to the brim with educational content that allows you to create your own learning experience by completing pre-conference education activities
- A Registration Reception including complimentary drinks where you can meet other Conference Attendees and network with Conference Convenors and Conference Presenter/s
- Editable electronic note pages that can be downloaded to your device of choice
- A Conference satchel that includes a notepad, pen, lanyard (this is important on a cruise ship to attach your room key which becomes your lifeline on a ship) and additional information to support a fantastic Conference experience
- The opportunity to meet as a group in various Conference open forums, in one of the many fabulous locations on the ship
- A complimentary Farewell Drinks and Canapes Function held on the last night of the Conference to celebrate new friendships and information gained
- A Conference Transcript that identifies each session held at the Conference including the session synopsis, session presenter, and CPD allocation
- A Certificate of Completion identifying the CPD hours attached to the Conference Program for you to include in your CPD Evidence Portfolio
- A dedicated Conference cruise desk open daily to address any questions and provide information as required
A deposit of $100 per person is due at time of booking with the final balance for the conference fee payable by 17th December 2022.
**PLEASE NOTE deposits for accommodation and the final payment dates for this will vary depending on your final choice of hotel.
Cancellation Penalties and Disclosure: All deposits and seminar registration fee’s are fully refundable up until 15 days prior to to travel. CPD Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Education at Sea and the Nurses for Nurses Network will not be responsible for any financial loss due to cancellation from unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance at time of booking your conference and travel requirements.
Register your interest in this CPD conference today
Please complete the form in this section to express your interest. We will revert within 48 hours with pricing and other details.